At the meeting we talked about what we’ll be doing for a fund raiser this year. We have decided to do the same amount of stitching but some of it will be different. We’ll be doing Snow Baby ornies and something in hardanger instead of two sets of the same designs. I volunteered to do a hardanger ornie. As yet I have not gotten very into finishing projects as ornaments so I am looking forward to learning more about that.
The programme team continued with the Richelieu doilie instructions. I was worried about doing the ‘Y’ button hole bar, and wanted to stitch it in the meeting so I would have help if I needed it. ‘Y’ bar wasn’t that bad.
A few of us were talking about how to do buttonhole stitches on the outlines because we want to keep things even looking. Someone mentioned a basting stitch which I will end up doing. When the designer was contacted to ask if we could use her pattern for the group she was more than happy that we planned on doing the doilie. She wants to see pictures of the various doilies that everyone is producing. There are many different colours on the go….variagated and solid. The designer’s name is Margaret Beemsterboer.
I have been working on my Beginner Blackwork piece from EAC’s correspondance course designed by Colleen Darling. Once I finish the border I’ll post a full picture.