Before, during and after stitching I’ve been comparing what I am attempting with the original. Since I am a beginner I just want to see if I can shape the tambour lines in a similar way. So far so good. I’ve noticed that I snag a lot less frequently than a week ago; I’m moving faster as well. In my current practice flowers I have been carrying the thread behind the fabric back to the starting point rather than turning the line of stitches. I was viewing Mary’s Reticule yesterday for nearly 2 hours with Lisa and we determined that Mary had turned her lines. We were also refining the colour choices for the flowers and their greenery. Mary’s Reticule has such fine, tiny stitches that by the end of the 2 hours I had a headache. In some places it was easy to decide on a colour and in others time had faded the colour so badly that it was difficult to know.
I have totally been cheating by turning my frame…that is something I have to work on not doing. Up to this point I’ve been interested in getting familiar with the hand motions involved with the Tambour hook. Now I am onto not turning the frame and turning corners.