Mary's Reticule · Tambour Embroidery

Tambour improvement

I’ve been working on tambour embroidery every day for over a month now.  I am satisfied that I can now tackle the reticule reproduction.  Initially I would turn the frame to do a shape…now I don’t.  I was using a needle to plunge thread and help me turn…now I use the tambour needle.  I have better and more consistent tension than before…to begin with I was pulling too tight.  My stitches are more uniform as well.  I’m pleased that the work I’ve put into learning is paying off.

I’ll be starting on the real thing in a month.  The fabric is ordered and I’m picking it up today.  Now to figure out which pattern transfer method to do.  I’m leaning towards prick and pounce because that is historically accurate and because I don’t like using pencil on this type of project.  I find the lead gets on the threads.  I only know how to do prick and pounce in theory…we’ll see what happens.

IMG_1107

Advertisements

One thought on “Tambour improvement

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s